Ricardo Reyes Hernandez & Noemi (Mimi)
Iglesia de Cristo Ramos Arizpe
Date of Birth:
June 28, 1975
Diana Esmeralda Daniela Reyes Alvarez, age 23
Medical student at Monterrey NL.
Ricardo David Reyes Alvarez age19. Physiotherapy student at Monterrey NL.
A Bit About Me
I am the youngest of twelve children. I am the son of Christian Fathers, who converted to the Lord Jesus Christ by listening to the gospel over the radio in 1975. My mother told me that she was putting her older children to listen to the program of the church of Christ known as "The Search", which was broadcast from Tampico Tamaulipas. This is how they managed to change their lives and serve the Lord by giving us the best of the examples of Christian life. My Wife Mimi, a beautiful, wonderful and faithful Christian woman, who has made balance in my life, I met her in the city of Zacatecas, in a youth meeting, then she and I became friends, because we went to the same congregation in SLP. We got married 5 years later in 1998. We have three wonderful children faithful to the Lord.
My Wife Mimi, she is a woman who is quite altruistic, her passion has been Bible schools for children, although lately she has been impeded by her health. She has taken specialized courses in haircut, aromatherapy and yoga.
MY BEGINNINGS IN PREACHING
It began in the city of San Luis Potosí in 1992, when I was 17 years old. There I began to meet with the church of Christ on Calle Ontañon, Barrio de San Miguelito, the preacher was Brother Víctor Nájera, he was my first Bible Teacher. There I began to give my first biblical teachings to young people and it didn't take long for me to start preaching in the congregation. In 1993 Brother Victor had some very strong family problems and I was taking charge of the congregation for most of the year, there I gave Bible class, gave the sermon and also in the afternoon I preached when there was no other brother who did it.
That same year, a couple of adult brothers of the church (María and Diego) took me to a community named (Aguaseñora) outside the City 50 kilometers away and I went to share the message of the Word of God, IT WAS THERE THAT I BECAME CONVINCED OF THE NEED THAT THE BROTHERS HAD OF TEACHING, AND I ALSO UNDERSTOOD THAT GOD WAS CALLING ME TO FOLLOW THAT PATH. THEN I CONTINUED TO GO TO THIS PLACE, WHERE I GREW UP IN THE TEACHING OF THE WORD OF GOD, EVERY YEAR I MAKE THE EFFORT TO VISIT THEM AND CONTINUE PREACHING TO THEM AS I DO WITH THEM SINCE I WAS 18 YEARS OLD.
I decided to be a preacher for many reasons:
• First, thanks to God, he has greatly blessed our family and got us out of a very difficult life, according to what I have learned from my parents' story.
• I have a very inspired life with excellent examples of Christian men and women who walked great distances to bring the gospel to my parents, regardless of cold or heat, rain or dryness.
• When I met my wife Mimi, I also saw in her the desire to serve the Lord in preaching the gospel.
• Then we began to pray for our plans to do something together, it was like this after four years of marriage, and after seeing the need for preaching, we came to live in Saltillo in the year 2000, then in 2002 we came to live to Ramos Arizpe, where there was no church of Christ. From that place we came to Monterrey in the year 2004-2006 to study at the school of preaching.
• But it was March 13, 2005, the first day we started meetings in our home.
• In 2006, before graduating from MEP, we got help from some brothers from Houston who bought us the land to start the construction of the church building where we are today.
• In 2007, brother Rick Owens helped us build the building and we are still building it little by little with the financial efforts of the congregation.
• I have had the great blessing of preaching at national, state, and regional youth meetings, as well as preaching at doctrinal, family, dating, and marriage seminars in Mexico and the US.
WORK IN THE CHURCH
We have been here for 17 years, we have learned many things as a marriage, family and as a congregation.
We have had very good times with the church, more than 70 baptisms over the years, some remain faithful, others are resting and some others have gone back.
We have also had bad times with the church, we had a division in 2012, which affected us a lot and about 8 families left for a total of 39 people. In 2015 we also had another division problem and 5 families left for a total of 22 people.
Currently our congregation is going through a crisis in members, derived from several situations:
• Economic problems within their families
• Problems of immorality
• Conformity problems, related to the covid-19 pandemic
• Other brothers who have changed their congregation
MY VISION AS A CHRISTIAN:
• It is trying to maintain a balanced spiritual life between family needs and those of the church in general.
MY VISION AS A PREACHER:
• It is to be faithful to our God and to the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Make the most of the academic preparation that God has allowed me to obtain.
• Work for a congregation with deacons and elders
• Continue serving in teaching in Bible schools, designing curricular plans
• Support with biblical research on current issues that allow the church to maintain sound doctrine and not fall into doctrinal errors and get carried away by social currents or social and charismatic phenomena.
• Help young people in their development and human talent, discovering and developing skills that generate growth within the church.
I have worked since the age of 17 cleaning in a Bank (Bancomer), after that I have worked as a messenger, manager of a self-service store, sales agent of bicycle parts and currently I dedicate a few hours to teaching. (I am a teacher in a high school, teaching classes in the area of social sciences and humanities) Ethics and values, Social Sciences, History of Mexico, Socioeconomic Structure, Research Methodology, among others.
I am passionate about the area of education and family counseling, and it is the reason why I decided to finish my degree in education, I have taken some diplomas specializing in family, conflict mediation, restorative justice and currently Thanatology and logotherapy.